This is a really simple potato salad that can be found practically in all Algarve tables, especially during summer months. In restaurants it is usually served as a side dish for any kind of grilled fish, but at home some people still serve it by itself. In my family it is usually served as a side for fried small mackerel a.k.a jaquinzinhos fritos.
As you can tell it is really simple to prepare, but do make sure you use good quality ingredients.
- 6 large potatos
- 6 garlic cloves
- 4 tablespoons of olive oil
- 2 tablespoons of white wine vinegar
- dried oregano to your taste
- pinch of salt
- Boil the potatoes with their skins in salted water.
- Start preparing the potatoes dressing in the bowl by adding the olive oil, white wine vinegar, crushed small/medium sized garlic cloves (with their skins on), oregano and salt.
- When the potatoes are done, take their skins off and cut them in random shaped pieces. Add them to the bowl while their still hot, that way all the flavours mix more easily. When you are ready to serve just toss everything together.